After months of teasers, drunken ramblings, and a lot of procrastination, I present you the cover for my first EP, Farewell to Nostromo.
The track list is as follows:
- Wash. (featuring Blake Holland)
- Bastards For The Cause
- Adagio In D Minor (John Murphy Recomposed)
This EP serves as more of a sampler of the many different styles I’ve been composing/producing than a cohesive, flowing album. In the future, I’m hoping to release more work like that, but for now I just wanted to release different bits of what I’m doing.
I’ll also give a quick breakdown of the tracks.
- Wash (featuring Blake Holland) is a very minimalist cover that Blake and I decided to do of Wash by Bon Iver.
- Shadowboxing is a dark, solo piano piece, also very minimalist.
- AA394-1987 is named after my flights to and from New York, which led me to be delayed in Washing Reagan airport for six hours. In that time, I finished this song, and American Airlines blessed my album via twitter.
- Bastards For The Cause was the first song I finished. It’s very influenced by industrial music like Nine Inch Nails and How To Destroy Angels but with my own minimalist ambient twist. I’m very proud of this one. It’s insane.
- Interlude is basically what it sounds like. It’s a 1 minute, 10 second ambient track that serves as an experiment in ambient music and as a palette cleanser between Bastards and the next track.
- The final track is Adagio In D Minor, which is a recomposition I did of a John Murphy track. You may know it as Surface of the Sun, A.K.A. the main theme from Danny Boyle’s film Sunshine. This was the first track I started and it has been a fucking rollercoaster of a piece. I’m outrageously proud of this track as well. It’s 7 minutes and 45 seconds long.
I will be releasing Farewell to Nostromo for free on my Bandcamp page on Tuesday May 14th. Please share this post.
45. Cruel Intentions
46. Fatal Attraction
48. Mariachi Gringo
49. Here One Day
50. After Lucia
51. Death by China 2.0
52. Top Gun
55.You’re Darn Tootin
56. A Room with a View
57. Stranger than Paradise
58. Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father
63.Five Filosophical Fables
Zach sits down with James Franco for a totally normal, run-of-the-mill interview with absolutely no surprises.